Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sick, Sick, Sick...

So, I dropped off the face of the earth due to being very, very sick...the kind of sick where you can't move and you just wish you could sleep every second of the misery.  Yep, that was me...and then came the bone rattling cough.  So much for that sleep thing when you have to cough all night.  So, I am now without a fever and chills, but am still wracked by the cough.

Needless to say, I now have to catch up on all of the stuff that didn't get done when I was sick.  Unfortunately, as any woman can tell, the house does not stop getting dirty, the laundry does not stop piling up, and the dishes do not wash themselves when one is sick.  I have dust bunnies in my house the size of sheep!  So I spent today playing catch up...not much fun, but cathartic all the same.  I do like to see things become clean with effort.

No junking this weekend...but my Go Baby Accuquilt die cutter did come in the mail...yayyyyy!  That is a very, very early birthday gift from my husband.  I pretty much told him he was going to buy it for me, but he is very happy when I do my own gift shopping as it saves him the anxiety of will she like it.  So, now I am waiting for my dies to come...I cannot cut a thing, and am just left staring at the empty Go Baby and all of my yummy fabric instead.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

I've also done a little knitting...I went to the Stitches West Marketplace at the Santa Clara Convenetion Center a couple of weekends ago.  If you have never been, and don't know what this is, it is a giant mecca for yarn lovers!  It took my sister and me 6 hours to do the entire event (with a break for lunch of course).  Knitting is one of those hobbies that is shared by such a large swath of people....from the applique sweatshirt crowd, to the pink streaked hair and nose stud crowd...all brought together to chatter over yarn!  It is an amazingly fun and expensive (if you buy as much yarn as I did) event.

A bowl full of yarn
I liked the way the red yarn looked with my red sweater although
I don't think it translates well in this picture...

Well, that's about it for me and my thoughts and my happenings...I hope you all have a great and flu free week...

1 comment:

  1. omg, omg, omg- I recognize that yarn! Can't wait to knit a sweater together, sis.

    ReplyDelete